Thank you, it's cool. Used for the first time because only then was the right drug. Very revealing detail: ordered Express shipping to get the order within 3 hours because didn't know how to get the order faster doxycycline online The drug is authentic exactly. Consistent with the stated prices the Staff is knowledgeable.
Memberships of Scientific Societies
1. Member European Association for Study of Liver
2. Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology
3. International Advisory Board Member for Journal of Gastroenterology and
4. Member, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
5. Life Member, Indian Association for Study of Liver
6. Life Member, Indian Society of Gastroenterology
7. Life Member, Indian Academy of Gastroenterology
8. Life Member, Endoscopy Society of India
9. Life Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences
10. Life Member, Association of Physicians of India
11. Life Member, Indian Medical Association
12. Life Member, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
13. Member, World Journal of Gastroenterology
a. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Australia
b. Hepatology Section Editor “Gastroenterology Today”, New Delhi.
c. Chief Editor – Bulletin PGIMER, Chandigarh 2003-05
1. Received the prestigious Dr. B.C. Roy Medical Council of India Silver Jubilee
Research Award 1999
with cash prize of Rs. 1 lac for research in the field of
2. ICMR – M.N. Sen Oration Award 1997
for work on portal hemodynamics.
3. ICMR - Amrut Mody Unichem Prize
(Gastroenterology 1999) for work on
4. Member of Armed Forces Medical Research Committee (AFMRC), Ministry
of Defence, Govt. of India
5. Pfizer Amir Chand Trophy
for the Department with outstanding original
contribution in the field of Gastroenterology, 1999-2001.
6. Visiting fellow
to Liver Transplant Unit Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Birmingham, UK. 2004
7. Olympus J. Mitra Award
for disseminating knowledge and expertise of GI
8. Parke Davis Oration Award on “Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension in
delivered on 22.11.02 at the 43rd Indian Society of Gastroenterology
at Cochin 2002-2003.
9. Member, Selection Committee for Gastroenterology, All India Institute of
10. Member, Selection Committee for Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi
Postgraduate Medical Sciences,
11. Member, Selection Committee for Gastroenterology
, Dayanand Medical
12. Member, Governing Council of Indian Society of Gastroenterology
13. Member, International Editorial Advisory Committee
- Journal of
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Australia.
14. Member, Gastroenterology Task force for Superspeciality Curriculum of
National Academy of Medical Sciences.
15. Expert in Technical Advisory Committee
(TAC) for Institute of Liver and
, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, New Delhi
16. Invited Speaker
for the Asian Pacific Digestive Week 23rd September 2001-
27th September 2001. ( Acute Liver Failure)
17. Member, Hepatitis Task Force – Indian Council of Medical Research
18. Member, Parliamentary Subcommittee under Human Resources Ministry
for Control of Hepatitis B
in India 1998.
19. Member, Advisory cell
of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC),
20. Member, Senate Panjab University,
21. Member, Senate Baba Faridkot University of Health Sciences
22. Best paper award “Portal hemodynamics in NCPF
” at 3rd Emirates
Gastroenterology Conference, UAE, Nov. 1995.
23. Best paper award for “Sorbitrate in portal venous obstruction
” at the Annual
INASL Conference at Ahmedabad, 1989.
24. Best paper award “Portal hemodynamics in different grades of cirrhosis as
assessed by Doppler
” - Indian Association of Study of Liver, Cuttack 1996.
25. Examiner for Ph.D. at - AIIMS - “Budd-Chiari syndrome
” September 1998,
” 1998, “HCV and cytokines”
2000, “Gallstones and the
effect of Supplementation”
26. Examiner for Ph.D
. at – SGPGI, Lucknow – “HBV and HCV as a case of
cryptogenic cirrhosis in India” on 14th June 2003.
for many MD thesis Delhi University
South Campus, New Delhi.
- Academic studies IMA Chandigarh 1998-2000.
29. Honorary Appointment to the Research Board of Advisors 1999-The American
30. Invited to discuss a Liver CPC at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New
Education Committee, PGI Chandigarh – 2003-2005
32. Vice President
2003 – 2004
Organisation of Conferences
I. 4th PGI-AIIMS “Current Perspectives in Liver Diseases" 2004 organized jointly
by the Department of Hepatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education
and Research, and Department of Gastroenterology, All India Institute of
Medical Sciences, at New Delhi on 6th November 2004.
II. 3rd PGI-AIIMS “"Current Perspectives in Liver Diseases" 2003 organized jointly
by the Department of Hepatology, PGIMER, Chandigarh and Department of
Gastroenterology, AIIMS, New Delhi on 18th and 19th October 2003.
III. 2nd PGI-AIIMS CPLD 2002 at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New
IV. 1st PGI-AIIMS Current Perspectives in Liver Diseases (CPLD) organised jointly
by Department of Hepatology, PGIMER Chandigarh & Department of
Gastroenterology, AIIMS, New Delhi at Chandigarh – 7 October, 2001
V. Single Theme Conference on Hepatic Encephalopathy
– October 2, 2000.
VI. Current Perspectives in Liver Diseases 2000 on October 1, 2000
VII. Single Theme Conference on Budd-Chiari Syndrome
VIII. Annual Indian Association for Study of Liver Conference
IX. Single Theme Conference on Non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis
X. International Liver and Gut Update 9-10 December 1989
XI. International Liver Update – 9-10 February 1988
XII. National Workshop of Chronic Liver Disease in Children – 13-15 March 1987.
Publications on Portal Hypertension
1. Thapa BR, Walia BNS, Chawla YK, Banerjee CK, Katariya S. and Marwaha RK.
Budd-Chiari Syndrome. Indian J Paediatrics 1985; 52: 673-677.
2. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK. Locham HS, Prakash S. A low cost endoscopic
sclerotherapy needle. Tropical Gastroenterology 1986; 6: 104-106.
3. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Spontaneous splenorenal shunt after variceal obliteration
with sclerotherapy. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 1987; 33: 462.
4. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK. Spontaneous (natural) shunts in extrahepatic portal
venous obstruction. A series of 20 cases. Gut 1987; 28: 1198-1200.
5. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB, Rao KLN, Mitra SK, Bhushnurmath SR. Portal vein
thrombosis in congenital hepatis fibrosis. Bulletin PGI 1987; 21: 235-238.
6. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Raju GS, Kaur U, Bambery P. Safety of
splenoportovenography as an outpatient procedure. Lancet 1987; ii: 101.
7. Chawla YK, Bhushnurmath SR, Dilawari JB. Cruveilhier Baumgarten syndrome in
idiopathic portal hypertension. Am J Gastroenterology 1987; 82: 12.
8. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Portographic changes with time in patients with
extrahepatic portal venous obstruction. J of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1988;
9. Kaur U, Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Hepatovenography. Tropical Gastroenterology
10. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB, Upjeet Kaur. Variceal sclerotherapy in cirrhosis. Ind J
11. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB, Kaur U. Chronology of large splenorenal shunt after
obliteration of esophageal varices. Bulletin PGI 1988; 22: 213-216.
12. Chawla Y, Singh Ram, Ramesh GN, Dilawari JB. Impacted Sengstaken Bakemore
tube. American Journal of Gastroenterology 1988; 83: 1438-1439.
13. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK. Extrahepatic portal venous obstruction. Gut 1988; 29:
14. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB, Mitra SK, Khanna SK. The portosplenic venous system in
the Budd-Chiari syndrome. Tropical Gastroenterology 1988;9:14-17.
15. Chawla YK, Seth B, Ayyagiri A, Dilawari JB. Bacteremia following sclerotherapy
in portal hypertension. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 1989; 25: 136-137.
16. Dilawari JB, Chawla Y, Chakraborty RN. Development of splenorenal shunts after
obliteration of esophageal varices by endoscopic sclerotherapy. Am J
17. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Anorectal varices and hemorrhoids in portal hypertension.
18. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Hepatopetal flow in Budd-Chiari Syndrome. Indian J
19. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Ramesh GN, Mitra SK, BNS Walia. Endoscopic
sclerotherapy in children. J of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1989; 4: 155-160.
20. Dilawari JB, Chawla Y, Kaur U. Development of Cruveilhier Baumgarten syndrome
following sclerotherapy. Acta Radiologica 1989; 30: 401-2.
21. Prasad CVR, Kaur U, Marwaha N, Ghosh K, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Hemostatic
alterations in NCPF, EHPVO and Budd-Chiari syndrome. Ind J Gastroenterology
22. Dilawari JB, Chawla Y, Chari PS. Spontaneous shunts in NCPF. J of
Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1989; 4: 215-219.
23. Dilawari JB, Raju GS, Chawla Y. Development of splenorenal shunts after
obliteration of esophageal varices by endoscopic sclerotherapy in patients with
extrahepatic portal venous obstruction. Gastroenterology 1989; 97: 421-426.
24. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK. Development of splenorenal shunts after endoscopic
obliteration of esophageal varices. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
25. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB, Ramesh GN, Kaur U, Mitra SK, Walia BNS. Sclerotherapy
in extrahepatic portal venous obstruction. Gut 1990; 31: 213-216.
25. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Raju GS, Kaur U, Bambery P. Safe outpatient
splenoportovenography in portal hypertension. Journal of Candadian Association of
26. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Evidence of 2 types of esophageal strictures complicating
sclerotherapy. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 1990; 12: 378-380.
27. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Comparsion of sodium tetradecyl sulphate with absolute
alcohol as sclerosants in the treatment of esophageal varices. J Clinical
28. Singh R, Chawla YK, Kaur U, Malik N, Dilawari JB. Submucosal esophageal
hematoma following sclerotherapy. A rare complication. Canadian Journal of
29. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Medical Treatment of portal hypertension. Drug Bulletin
30. Sethi B, Chawla Y, Ayyagiri A. Dilawari JB. Incidence of bacteremia following
sclerotherapy in patients with cirrhosis and non-cirrhotic portal hypertension.
European J Gastroenterology Hepatology 1990; 2: 57-59.
31. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Anorectal varices their frequency in cirrhotic and non-
cirrhotic portal hypertension. Gut 1991; 32: 309-311.
32. Ghosh Roy D, Kaur U, Chawla YK, Singh K, Dilawari JB. Effect of isosorbide
dinitrite on non-cirrhotic portal hypertension. National Medical Journal of India
33. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK. Pseudosclerosing cholangitis in portal venous obstruction.
34. Dilawari JB, Ganguly S, Chawla Y. Non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis. Indian J
35. Dilawari JB, Nagpal N, Chawla YK, Verma J, Bali H, Das KM, Suri S. Hepatic
pericardiophrenic collateral (natural shunt) in a patient with Budd-Chiari syndrome.
J Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1993; 8: 202-205.
36. Dilawari JB, Chawla Y. Treatment of extrahepatic portal venous obstruction.
National Medical Journal of India 1993; 6: 51-54.
37. Mitra SK, Rao KLN, Narsimha KL, Dilawari JB, Batra YK, Chawla Y, Thapa BR,
Nagi B, Walia BNS. Side-to-side lieno-renal shunt without splenectomy in non-
cirrhotic portal hypertension in children. J Paed. Surgery 1993; 28: 398-402.
38. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB, Bhushnurmath SR, Ganguly S, Kataria S. Ultrasonic
evidence of intrahepatic portal vein irregularities in cirrhosis. Indian J
39. Dilawari JB, Bambery P, Chawla Y, Kaur U, Bhushnurmath SR, Malhotra HS, Sood
SK, Mitra SK, Khanna SK, Walia BNS. Hepatic-outflow obstruction (Budd-Chiari
syndrome) - Experience with 177 patients and a review of literature. Medicine 1994;
40. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB, Katariya S. Gall bladder varices in portal vein thrombosis.
41. Sawhney IMS, Sharma K, Chopra JS, Singh H, Chawla YK, Dilawari JB.
Electrophysiological assessment of early hepatic encephalopathy in chronic liver
42. Das K, Chawla Y. Abdominal imaging in the diagnosis of portal hypertension.
Tropical Gastroenterology 1997; 18: 7-12.
43. Sharma BC, Singh R, Chawla Y, Narsimhan KL, Rao KLN, Mitra SK, Dilawari JB.
Effect of shunt surgery on spleen size, portal pressure and esophageal varices in
patients with non-cirrhotic portal hypertension. J of Gastroenterology and
44. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB, Dhiman RK, Goenka MK, Bhasin DK, Kochhar R, Singh
K, Kaur U. Sclerotherapy in non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis. Digestive Diseases and
45. Dhiman RK, Chawla YK. Spontaenous splenorenal shunt in portal venous
obstruction. J of Hepatology 1997; 27: 216.
46. Saigal S, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Assessment of effects of propanolol on portal
hemodynamics in cirrhosis by duplex ultrasonography. Ind J Gastroenterol 1998; 17:
47. Chawla Y, Kumar S. Portal venous flow in Budd-Chiari syndrome. Indian J of
48. Chawla Y, Shanta N, Dhiman RK, Dilawari JB. Portal hemodynamics by duplex
doppler sonography in different grades of cirrhosis. Digestive Diseases and Sciences
49. Behera D, Singh M, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Pulmonary function abnormalities in
patients with portal hypertension with or without chronic liver disease. Indian J of
Chest Dis Allied Sciences 1998; 40: 33-9.
50. Ahuja V, Chawla Y. Portal hypertension in India. Journal of Internal Medicine
51. Ahuja V, Chawla Y. Portal hypertension. Recent Advances. Journal of Internal
52. Das R, Grewal G, Chawla Y, Dhiman RK. Prevalence of factor V Leiden mutation
in portal and hepatic vein thrombosis. Gut 1998; 43: 147.
53. Chawla Y, Lal S. Refractory ascites and ascites fluid filtration and concentration
infusion. Ind J Gastroenterol 1998; 17: 81-2.
54. Sivaram M, Chawla Y, Kumar B. Statis dermatitis – a new cutaneous manifestation
of Budd Chiari syndrome. International journal of Dermatology 1998;37:397-398.
55. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Raju GS. Development of other portasystemic shunts after
obliteration of esophageal varices. Hepatology 1998;8:1343
56. Ahuja V, Chawla Y, Marwaha N, Dilawari J. Two patients with portal vein
thrombosis from lupus anticoagulant. J Clin Gastroenterol. 1998 Jun;26:352-3.
57. Sagarad SV, Chawla YK, Dhiman RK. Portal hemodynamics after large volume
paracentesis in patients with cirrhosis liver and tense ascites. Digestive Diseases and
58. Chawla Y, Sinha SK. Surgical treatment of Budd-chiari syndrome. Ind J
59. Dhiman RK, Puri P, Chawla Y, Minz M, Bapuraj JR, Gupta S, Nagi B, Suri S.
Biliary changes in extrahepatic portal venous obstruction (EHPVO) - is it
compression by collaterals of ischemia ? Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 1999; 50: 646-
60. Chawla YK, Kumar Sanjay, Dhiman RK, Suri Sudha, Dilawari JB. Duplex Doppler
sonography in patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome. Journal of Gastroenterology and
61. Ahuja V, Marwaha N, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Coagulationn abnormalities in
idiopathic portal venous thrombosis. J. Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1999; 14:
62. Grewal G, Das R, Chawla Y, Dhiman RK. Budd-chiari syndrome associated with
homozygous factor V Leiden mutation. British Journal of Hematology 1999; 150:
63. Narayanan Lakshmi, Chawla Y, Bhalla AK, Sharma M, Dilawari JB. Assessment of
malnutrition in alcoholic and non-alcoholic cirrhotics. Tropical Gastroenterology
64. Bhargava M, Bali HK, Vijay Vergva R, Dhiman RK, Chawla Y. IVC angioplasty
using Inoue balloon. Bulletin PGI 1999; 33: 79-83.
65. Duseja A, Dhiman RK, Bhargava K, Chawla YK, Singh V, Sapru RP, Suri S.
Treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome by percutaneous luminal angioplasty. Bulletin
66. Dhiman RK, Chawla YK. Is the technique of endoscopic sclerotherapy and ligation
optimum? Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2000; 51: 639-40.
67. Gupta D, Chawla Y, Dhiman RK, Suri S, Dilawari JB. Clinical significance of
patent paraumbilical vein in patent with liver cirrhosis. Digestive Diseases and
68. Dhiman RK, Biswas Rakesh, Aggarwal Neelam, Sawhney Harjit, Chawla Y.
Management of variceal bleeding in pregnancy with endoscopic variceal ligation and
N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate: Report of three cases. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2000;
69. Dhiman RK, Sawhney MS, Chawla YK, Das G, Ram S, Dilawari JB. Efficacy of
lactulose in cirrhotic patients with subclinical hepatic encephalopathy. Dig Dis Sci.
70. Gupta D, Lalrothuama, Aggarwal P. N., Aggarwal A.N., Dhiman R. K., Behera D.,
Chawla Y. Pulmonary function changes after large volume paracentesis. Tropical
71. Sanjay Kumar Satpathy and Yogesh Chawla. Pharmacotherapy of portal
72. Satpathy SK, Sajith N, Varma N, Dhiman RK, Varma S, Chawla Y. Hyposplenism
in patients with portal hypertension. Hepatology 2000;32:1468.
73. Bhattacharya A, Mittal BR, Biswas T, Dhiman RK, Singh B, Jindal SK, Chawla Y.
Radioisotope scientigraphy in the diagnosis of hepatic hydrothorax. J of
Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2001:16, 317-321
74. Aggarwal N, Sawhney H, Vashista K, Dhiman RK, Chawla Y. Non-cirrhotic portal
hypertension in pregnancy. International J of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
75. Govind Makharia, Radha K Dhiman, Yogesh K Chawla, Rakesh K Vasishta. Non-
cirrhotic portal fibrosis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Indian J
76. Satpathy SK, Narayan S, Varma N, Dhiman RK, Varma S and Chawla YK.
Hyposplenism in alcoholic cirrhosis, facts or artifacts? A comparative analysis with
nonalcoholic cirrhosis and extrahepatic portal venous obstruction. J Gastroenterol
77. Gupta D, Vijaya, Gupta R, Dhiman RK, Bhargava M, Verma J and Chawla YK.
Prevalence of Hepatopulmonary Syndrome in cirrhosis and extrahepatic portal
venous obstruction. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96:3395-99.
78. Dixit RK, Sathpathy SK, Kumar R, Dhiman RK, Garg SK, Taneja S, Bhargava VK,
Chawla YK. Pharmacokinetics of ciprofloxacin in patients with liver cirrhosis.
Indian J Gastroenterol 2002;21:62-63.
79. Dhiman RK, Chawla Y, Vashista RK, Kakkar N, Dilawari JB, Trehan MS, Puri P,
Mitra SK, and Suri S. Non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis (idiopathic portal hypertension).
Experience with 151 patients and a review of literature. J Gastroenterology and
80. Dhiman RK, Chawla Y, Taneja S, Biswas R, Sharma TR and Dilawari JB.
Endoscopic sclerotherapy of gastric variceal bleeding with N-Butyl-2-cyanocrylate .
J Clin Gasteroenterol 2002; 35: 1-6.
25. Chawla Y, Das K, Singh P, Duseja A, Dhiman RK, Suri S. Basal ganglia changes in
the brain on MRI occur less frequently in patients with portal vein thrombosis.
Journal of Hepatology. 2002;36: 707.
26. Jhingan V, Sahni D, Chawla YK, Harjeet, Jit I. Hepatic veins in northwest Indian
subjects. Trop Gastroenterol. 2002;23: 176-80.
27. Garewal G, Das R, Varma S, Chawla Y, Prabhakar S. Heterogeneous distribution of
factor V Leiden in patients from north India with venous thromboembolism. J
28. Dhiman RK, Chawla YK. A new technique of combined endoscopic sclerotherapy
and ligation for variceal bleeding. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1090-3
29. Kharbanda PS, Prabhakar S, Chawla YK, Das CP, Syal P. Peripheral neuropathy in
liver cirrhosis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003;18:922-926.
30. Grewal G, Das R, Varma S, Chawla Y, Prabhakar S. Heterogenous distribution of
factor V Leiden in patients from North India with venous thromboembolism. J
31. Dhiman RK, Chawla YK. A new technique of combined endoscopic sclerotherapy
and ligation for variceal bleeding. World J Gastroenterol 2003;9:1090-3.
32. Kharbanda PS, Prabhakar S, Chawla YK, Das CP, Syal P. Peripheral neuropathy in
liver cirrhosis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2003; 18:922-926.
33. Chawla YK, RK Dhiman. Portal biliopathy: emerging management problems.
34. Kumar R, Chawla YK, Garg SK, Dixit RK, Satapathy SK, Dhiman RK, Bhargava
VK. Pharmacokinetics of omeprazole in patients with liver cirrhosis and extrahepatic
portal venous obstruction. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 2003; 25:625-30.
35. Chawla Y, Duseja A. Non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis (NCPF) is a . Trop Gastroenterol
36. Saravanan N, Sidhu R, Bapuraj J, Lal A, Duseja A, Chawla YK, Suri S. Comparison
of Doppler ultrasound parameters with hepatic venous pressure gradient in
evaluation of patients with portal hypertension. Indian J Gastroenterol 2003; 22:
Publications in Liver Diseases (without Portal Hypertension)
1. Verma K, Bhargav DK, Tandon M, Chawla Y, Babu S, Kapila K. Fine needle
aspiration cytology in diagnosis of hepatic malignancy. Indian J of Cancer 1986; 23:
2. Ram Rakhyani KC, Dilawari JB, Verma S, Chawla YK, Bhandari SK, Ganguly NK.
Hepatitis B viral markers and liver disease in hemophiliacs. A study in an Indian
popul;ation. J of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1988: 3: 437-9.
3. Pathak UN, Dilawari JB, Chawla Y, Sokhey CS, Sharma BK, Ganguly NK.
Immunogenicity and side effects of low dose intradermally administered hepatitis B
vaccine. Ind J Gastroenterol 1988; 7: 113-114.
4. Sharma RK, Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Bhandari SK, Ganguly NK. Prevalence of
delta virus (Hepatitis D virus) infection in Northern India. Bulletin PGI 1988; 22:
5. Ramesh GN, Chawla YK, Chakravarty R, Mitra SK. Bhushnurmath SR, Katariya
RN, Dilawari JB. Formalin induced sclerosing cholangitis - a case report. Bulletin
6. Surjit Singh, Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Walia BNS. Wilson’s disease in young
children from Northern India. Tropical Gastroenterology 1989; 10: 46-50.
7. Biswas SC, Gupta I, Ganguly NK, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Prevalence of HBsAg in
pregnant mothers and its perinatal transmission. Transactions of Royal Society of
Tropical Medicine 1989; 83: 698-700.
8. Nandi SS, Chawla YK, Nath R, Dilawari JB. Serum and urinary zinc in fulminant
hepatic failure. J of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1989; 4: 209-14.
9. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Singhal AK, Katariya S. Post-cholecystectomy syndrome
in Northern India. Study on diagnostic and therapeutic role of ERCP.
Gastroenterologica Japonica 1990; 25: 394-99.
10. Chawla YK, Ramesh G, Kaur U, Bambery B, Dilawari JB. Percutaneous liver
biopsy - a safe outpatient procedure. J of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1990; 5:
11. Singh R, Chawla YK, Katariya S. Mirizzi syndrome - a rare cause of obstructive
jaundice. Tropical Gastroenterology 1991; 12: 37-9.
12. Chauhan A, Dilawari JB, Jameel S, Kaur U, Chawla Y, Sharma ML, Ganguly NK.
Common etiological agent for epidemic and sporadic non-A, non-B hepatitis. Lancet
13. Chauhan A, Shahaid Jameel, Dilawari JB, Kaur U, Chawla Y, Ganguly NK.
Hepatitis E virus transmission to a volunteer. Lancet 1993; 341: 149-150.
14. Dilawari JB, Chawla Y. Alcoholic liver disease. J of Internal Medicine 1993: 5: 46-
15. Das A, Bhushnurmath SR, Sood GK, Chawla Y, Bambery P. Primary hepatic
lymphoma minicking fulminant hepatic failure. Indian J Gastroenterolgy 1993; 12:
16. Kalyani VS, Dilawari JB, Sakuja V, Chawla YK, Chugh KS. Seroconversion rates
following yeast derived hepatitis B vaccine in patients with chronic renal failure.
17. Chawla YK, Sharma BC, Singh R, Sharma TR, Dilawari JB. Emergency endoscopic
nasobiliary drainage without the aid of fluoroscopy. Ind J Gastroenterol 1993; 12:
18. Chauhan A, Dilawari JB, Kaur U, Ganguly NK, Bushnurmath S, Chawla YK.
Atypical strain of hepatitis E virus (HEV) from North India. J Medical Virology
19. Dilawari JB, Kartar Singh, Chawla YK, Ramesh GN, Chauhan A, Bushnurmath SR,
Sharma TR, Sokhey CS. Hepatitis E virus Epidemiology, clinical and serological
studies of a North Indian Epidemic. Indian J Gastroenterology 1994; 13: 44-8.
20. Chawla YK, Das K. Ursodeoxycholic acid : a promising hepatoprotectant in
cholestatic liver diseases. Tropical Gastroenterolgy 1994; 15: 204-7.
21. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Biliary sludge. Tropical Gastroenterology 1995;16: 14-7.
22. Dhar A, Chawla YK, Dhiman RK, Suri S, Behera A, Bansali A, Sud R, Katariya RN,
Dilawari JB. Malignant insulinoma presenting as obstructing jaundice. Digestive
Diseases and Sciences 1995; 40: 2368-72.
23. Dhar A, Chawla YK. Somatostatin and its analogues in GI tract, liver and pancreatic
disorders. Tropical Gastroenterology 1995; 16: 3-7.
24. Tripathy U, Dhiman RK, Attri A, Katariya RN, Ganguly NK, Chawla YK, Dilawari
JB. Preoperative bile salt administration versus bile refeeding in obstructive
jaundice. National Medical Journal of India 1996; 9: 66-69.
25. Ray JD, Chawla Y. Treatment of chronic hepatitis. Gastroenterology Today1996;
26. Kumar S, Chawla Y. Approach to a patient with jaundice. Gastroenterology Today
27. Takhtani D, Kalaghara S, Trehan MS, Chawla Y, Suri S. Intrapericardial rupture of
amoebic liver abscess managed with percutaneous drainage of liver abscess alone.
American J of Gastroenterology 1996; 91: 1460-2.
28. Kochhar R, Goenka M, Das K, Nagi B, Bhasin DK, Chawla Y, Vaiphei K, Singh K,
Dilawari JB. Primary sclerosing cholangitis. An experience from India. Journal of
Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1996; 11: 429-33.
29. Kaur U, Sahni SP, Bambery P, Kumar B, Chauhan A, Chawla YK, Dilawari JB.
Sexual behaviour, drug use and Hepatitis B infection in Chandigarh students.
National Medical Journal of India 1996; 9: 156-8.
30. Duseja A, Dhiman RK, Chawla Y, Singh VL, Gupta S, Suri S. Cysto-bilio-
bronchial communication in a hydatid cyst of liver. Tropical Gastroenterology 1997;
31. Sahney IMS, Verma PK, Dhiman RK, Chopra JS, Sharma A, Chawla YK, Dilawari
JB. Visual and auditory evoked responses in acute severe hepatitis. J of
Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1997; 12: 554-9.
32. Dhiman RK, Phanish MK, Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Gall bladder motility and
lithogenicity of bile in patients with choledocholithiasis after endoscopic
sphincterotomy. J of Hepatology 1997; 26: 1300-5.
33. Chawla YK, Sarkar B, Marwaha RK, Dilawari JB. Multitransfused children with
thalassemia major do not have gall stones. A Hepatobiliary sonographic study.
Tropical Gastroenterology 1997; 18: 107-8.
34. Seth AK, Chawla YK, Dhiman, RK, Suri S, Dilawari JB. Carolis Disease - a
central dot sign means a lot. Tropical Gastroenterology 1997; 18: 165-6.
35. Seth AK, Dhiman RK, Gupta S, Gulati M, Chawla Y, Suri S, Dilawari JB.
Combined percutaneous endoscopic approach for biliary endoprosthesis placement.
Indian J Gastroenterology 1997: 16: 149-50.
36. Wig JD, Goenka MK, Chawla Y. Choledochal cyst in pregnancy and puerperium. J
of Clinical Gastroenterology 1997; 24: 489-91.
37. Dhiman RK, Seth AK, Jain S, Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Prognostic evaluation of
early indicators inn fulminant hepatic failure by multivariate analysis. Digestive
Diseases and Sciences 1998; 43: 1311-6.
38. Wanchu A, Bambery P, Sud A, Chawla Y, Vaiphei K, Deodhar SD. Autoimmune
hepatitis in a patient with primary Sjogren’s syndrome and selective Ig-A deficiency.
Tropical Gastroenterology 1998; 19: 62-63.
39. Chawla Y, Makharia G, Gupta S, Sharma TR, Dhiman RK. Bilobed gall bladder
with gallstones and choledocholithiasis. Tropical Gastroneterolgy 1998 19: 54-5.
40. Wig JD, Singh K, Chawla Y, Vaiphei K. Cholangitis due to candidiasis of
extrahepatic biliary tract. Hepatopancreatic Biliary Surgery 1998; 11: 51-4.
41. .Poddar U, Chawla YK, Dhiman RK, Vaiphei K, Vasishta R, Dilawari JB.
Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in fulminant hepatic failure. J of Gastroenterology
42. Rajak CL, Gupta S, Jain S, Chawla YK, Gulati M, Suri S. Percutaneous treatment of
liver abscesses : Needle aspiration versus Catheter drainage. American Journal of
43. Dhiman RK, Kohli HS, Das G, Joshi K, Chawla Y, Sakhuja V. Remission of HBV-
related mesangio-proliferative glomerulonephritis after interferon therapy. Nephrol
44. Dhiman RK, Gupta S, Makharia G, Chawla YK, Behra A, Suri S. T-Tube access for
endoscopic sphincterotomy. A variant of combined percutaneous and endoscopic
approach. Indian J Gastroenterology 1999; 18: 29-30.
45. Poddar U, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB, Kataria RN, Behera A, Suri S. Post biopsy liver
cyst a rare complication of liver biopsy. J of Gastroenterol & Hepatol 1999;14:97-9.
46. Sud A, Wanchu P, Bambery P, Singh S. Chawla Y. Effect of Hepatitis C virus
coinfection on liver function of patients infected with HIV. Tropical
47. Anand AC, Chawla YK. Prescribing drugs for patients with liver diseases. National
Medical Journal of India 1999; 12: 217-24.
48. Gupta S, Seth A, Dhiman RK, Chawla YK, Sud K, Kohli HS, Sakhuja V, Suri S.
CT of liver cysts in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.
49. Anand AC, Chawla Y, Das A. The story of a young man with alcohol abuse.
Clinicopathological Conference Bulletin PGI 1999; 33: 156-64.
50. Narayanan Lakshmi, Chawla Y, Bhalla AK, Sharma M, Dilawari JB. Assessment of
malnutrition in alcoholic and non-alcoholic cirrhotics. Tropical Gastroenterology
51. Dhiman RK, Jain S, Chawla Y. Anti-tuberculous therapy and acute liver failure.
52. Dhiman RK, Makharia G, Jain Sanjay, Chawla Y. Ascites and spontaneous
bacterial peritonitis in fulminant hepatic failure. Am J Gastoentrology 2000; 96:
53. Bhattacharya M, Chawla Y, Kaur I, Kumar B. Linchen planus and liver disease.
Indian J Dermatology Venergology, Leprology 2000; 273-6.
54. Jain S, Pendyala P, Varma S, Sharma N, Joshi K, Chawla Y. Effect of renal
dysfunction in fulminant hepatic failure. Tropical Gastroenterology 2000; 21: 118-
55. Ramesh M, Marwaha RK, Chawla YK, Trehan Amita. Seroconversion after
Hepatitis B vaccination in children receiving cancer chemotherapy. Indian Pediatrics
56. Bapuraj JR, Bilwani RP, Gupta I, Chawla Y, Suri S and Khandelwal N.
Endovascular management of postpartum haemorrhage in a case of Hepatic E
complicating pregnancy. Asian Journal of Obstertric and Gynaecology Practice
57. Chauhan Virender, Chawla Y. Post hepatitis B vaccination screening – for whom
and why. Ind J Gastroenterol 2000; 19: (Suppl 3) 19.
58. Sreedharan S, Chawla Y, Dhiman RK, Dilawari JB. Portal hemodynamics in
fulminant hepatic failure as assessed by duplex Doppler ultrasonography. Dig Dis
59. Duseja A, Y. Chawla. Pregnancy and Liver Disease. Gastroenterology Today 2001;
60. Sud A., Singh J., Dhiman R K, Wanchu A., Singh S., Chawla Y, Hepatitis B virus
co-infection in HIV infected patients. Tropical Gastroenterology. 2001;22:90-92.
61. S. Jain, P. Pendyala, S. Varma, N. Sharma, K. Joshi, Y. Chawla. Effect of renal
dysfunction in fulminant hepatic failure. 2000;21:118-120.
62. Singh J; Ganguly NK; Chakraborti A; Dhiman RK; Sehgal S; Chawla Y. Expression
of envelope-2/non structural-1 (E2/NS1) protein of hepatitis C virus (HCV) and its
interaction with human hepatocyte plasma membrane proteins. Hepatology. 2000;
63. Dhiman RK, Arke L, Bhansali A, Gupta S and Chawla YK. Cisapride improves
gallbladder emptying in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Gastroenterol
64. Duseja A, Chawla YK. What is rifampicin doing in pruritus of cholestasis? Tropical
65. Singh H, Masih B, Sathpathy SK, Duseja A, Chawla YK. Financial burden of
alcohol abuse in patients with alcoholic liver disease. Tropical Gastroenterology
66. Singh R, Kumar R, Bhardwaj N. Kaman L, Chawla Y. Oximetric study in upper
gastrointestinal endoscopy. Surgical Journal of North India. 2001;17:69-72.
67. Dhiman RK, Reddi R, Sharma A, Singh R, Kohli KK, Gupta S, Suri S, Chawla Y.
Cisapride improves gall bladder emptying and bile lipid composition in patients with
gallstones. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2001; 16:816-820.
68. Dhiman RK, Sarkar PK, Sharma A, Vasistha K, Kohli KK, Gupta S, Suri S, Chawla
Y, Alterations in gallbladder emptying and bile lithogenicity in post menopausal
women on hormone replacement therapy. American Journal of Gastroenterology
69. Wanchu A, Chawla Y, Dhiman RK, Sud A, Bambery P. Paucity of Anti -Hepatitis C
Virus antibodies in the serum of Indian patients with Sjogren’s syndrome and
inflammatory myositis. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2003;46:191-3.
70. Sharma RR, Dhiman RK, Chawla Y, Vasistha RK. Immunohistochemistry for core
and surface antigens in chronic hepatitis. Tropical Gastroenterology 2002; 23: 16-19.
71. Sapra B, Chawla Y. Is Pentoxifylline the answer for alcoholic hepatitis? Tropical
72. Chawla Y. Management of Hepatitis C in immunocompetent patients.
Gastroenterology Today 2002; 6: 195-198.
73. Chawla Y. Hepatitis B management in immunocompromised patients.
Gastroenterology Today 2002; 6: 207.
74. Pandya J, Chakraborti A, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB; Sehgal S; Ganguly NK.
Identification of human hepatocyte protein(s), which binds specifically to the
recombinant envelope-2/non-structural-1 protein of hepatitis C virus. Virus Research
75. Duseja A, Arora L, Masih B, Singh H, Gupta A, Behera D, Chawla YK, Dhiman
RK. Hepatitis B and C virus--prevalence and prevention in health care workers. Trop
76. Jameel S, Zafrullah M, Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Reevaluation of a North India
isolate of hepatitis E virus based on the full-length genomic sequence obtained
following long RT-PCR. Virus Research 2002; 86:53-58.
77. Chawla Y, Amrapurkar D. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. Trop Gastroenterol
78. Duseja A, Nada R, Kalra N, Acharya SK, Minz M, Joshi K, Chawla Y. Fibrosing
cholestic hepatitis like syndrome in a hepatitis B virus and Hepatitis C virus negative
renal transplant recipient: A case report with autopsy findings. Tropical
79. Marwaha RK, Bansal D, Sharma S, Kumar S, Trehan A, Duseja A, Chawla YK.
Seroprevalence of hepatitis C and B virus in multiply transfused beta-thalassemics:
results from a thalassemic day care unit in north India. Vox Sang. 2003; 85:119-120
80. Pandya J, Chakraborti A, Chawla Y. Expression and Purification of E2/NS1 Protein
of Hepatitis C Virus and Detection of Anti-E2/NS1 Antibodies in Chronic Liver
Disease. Patients. J Biomed Sci. 2003; 10: 276-82.
81. Duseja A, Dhiman RK, Chawla Y. Helicobacter Pylori and hepatic encephalopathy.
Indian J Gastroenterology 2003; 22:S31-S32
82. Duseja A, Sharma S, Subramanian PG, Agnihotri SK, Chakraborti A, Chawla Y.
Occult hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in healthy blood donors. Indian J Pathol
83. Nitin, Shriniwas Radhika, Duseja Ajay, Rajwanshi Arwind, Gupta SK, Sehgal
Shobha, Suri Sudha, Chawla Yogesh. Clinico-cytopathological spectrum of
hepatocellular carcinoma, its correlation with serum alpha-fetoprotein level, and
Hepatitis B and C viral markers. Tropical Gastroenterology 2004; 25: 116-120.
84. Dhiman RK, Chawla YK. Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy: should we start treating
85. Varma S, Dhiman RK, Srivastava D, Malhotra P, Chawla Y. Absence of hepatitis C
virus infection among patients with lymphoproliferative disorders in northern India.
86. Jain AK, Sukhuja J, Saini JS, Chawla YK, Dhiman RK. Hepatitis C virus –
associated keratitis. Eye 2004; 18:131-4.
87. Duseja A, Mohit Nanda, Ashim Das, Reena Das, Anil Bhansali, Yogesh Chawla.
Prevalence of obesity, diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia in patients with
cryptogenic liver cirrhosis. Trop Gastroenterol 2004; 25:15-17.
88. Duseja A, Murlidharan R, Bhansali A, Sharma S, Das A, Das R, Chawla Y.
Assessment of insulin resistance and effect of metformin in nonalcoholic
steatohepatitis - a preliminary report. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2004; 23:12-5.
89. Duseja A, Das R, Nanda M, Das A, Garewal G, Chawla Y. Nonalcoholic
steatohepatitis in Asian Indians is neither associated with iron overload nor with
HFE gene mutations. World J Gastroenterol. 2005; 11:393-5.
Papers in Gastroenterology
1. Chawla YK, Dubey P, Nundy S, Tandon BN. Treatment of dyspepsia with Amalaki
(Emblica officinalis Linn.) - an Ayurvedic drug. Indian J Med Res. 1982;76
2. Bhargav DK, Chawla YK. Intermittent unexplained rectal bleeding in childhood.
Indian J Paediatr 1983; 50: 329-332.
3. Bhargav DK, Chawla Y, Acharya SK. Emergency endoscopy during upper
gastrointestinal bleeding. Indian J Surgery 1983; 3: 141-145.
4. Chawla Y, Sharma MP. Irritable bowel syndrome. J Assoc Physicians India.
5. Sharma MP, Acharya SK, Gandhi BM, Chawla YK, Tandon BN. Serological studies
of E. histolytica infection in North Indian population. Indian J Med Res 1980; 632-
6. Chawla Y, Singh R, Prakash S and Dilawari JB. Preliminary experience with
Celestin dilators in the management of benign esophageal stricture. Bulletin PGI
7. Dilawari JB, Chawla Y, Katariya S, Chari ST. Pancreas divisum. Indian J
8. Chawla Y, Dilawari JB, Katariya S, Mitra SK, Yadav K. Pneumatic dilatation of
achalasia cardia under 5 years of age. Indian Pediatrics 1986; 23: 557-560.
9. Chawla YK, Irshad M, Chawla TC, Nundy S, Tandon RN. Urinanry uropepsinogenn
in patients with dyspepsia. J Assoc Physicians India 1986;34:851-52.
10. Sarin SK, Sharma P, Chawla Y, Gopinath R, Nundy S. Clinical trial on the effect of
domperidone in non-ulcer dyspepsia. Indian J Med Res 1986; 83: 623-628.
11. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Treatment of gall stone disease. Drug Bulletin 1986; 10:
12. Dilawari JB, Raju GS, Chawla YK, Katariya S, Katariya RN. Endoscopic
sphincterotomy in the management of choledocholithiasis. J Assoc Physicians India
13. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB, Reddy DN, Katariya S. Pneumatic dilatation in achalasia
cardia. Ind J Gastroenterol 1987; 2: 101-102.
14. Singhal AK, Chawla YK, Misra SK, Banerjee CK, Katariya RN, Dilawari JB.
Bleeding carcinoid tumor of duodenum a rare manifestation. Bulletin PGI 1988; 22:
15. Reddy NK, Chawla YK, Dilawari JB. Pancreolauryl test - A tubeless test in chronic
pancreatitis. Ind J Gastroenterol 1988; 7: 235-237.
16. Reddy NK, Kaur U, Bambery P, Chawla Y, Dilawari JB. Pancreolauryl test.
17. Chaudhry SR, Malik AK, Chawla Y, Wig JD. Villous adenoma of papilla of vater.
Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology 1989; 4: 234.
18. Bhushnurmath SR, Chawla YK, Jain A, Sakhuja V. Clinicopathological Conference
“In Troubled Waters”. Indian Journal of Nephrology 1991; 1: 21-8.
19. Chugh S, Dilawari JB, Sawhney IMS, Dang N, Radotra BD, Chawla YK.
Polymyositis associated with ulcerative colitis. Gut 1993; 34: 567-9.
20. Chawla YK, Sharma BC, Dilawari JB. Endoscopic nasobiliary drainage inn acute
suppurative cholangitis. Indian J Gastroenterol 1994; 13: 83-5.
21. Rajwanshi A, Banerjee AK, Chawla YK. T-cell rich and histiocyte rich B cell
lymphoma - a case report. Indian J Pathology and Microbiology 1997; 40: 85-9.
22. Dhar A, Chawla Y, Dhiman RK, Gulati M, Suri S, Dilawari JB. Bifid pancreas: a
case report. Tropical Gastroenterology 1997; 18: 75-7.
23. Dhawan S, Vaiphei K, Chawla Y, Suri S, Dilawari JB. Primary tuberculosis of
esophagus. J Assoc Physicians India 1998; 46: 398.
24. Ray J, Chawla Y. Use of organic nitrates on Gastroenterology. Tropical
25. Duseja A, Chawla YK, Singh R, Sharma TR, Kaur U, Dilawari JB. Dilatation of
benign esophageal strictures: 10 years experience with celestin dilatation. Journal of
Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2000; 15: 26-29.
26. Dhiman RK, Sarkar PK, Sharma A, Vasistha K, Kohli KK, Gupta S, Suri S, Chawla
Y, Alterations in gallbladder emptying and bile lithogenicity in post menopausal
women on hormone replacement therapy. American Journal of Gastroenterology
27. Dusjea A, Nada R, Kalra N, Acharya SK, Minz M, Joshi K, Chawla Y. Fibrosing
cholestatic hepatitis like syndrome in a hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus
negative renal transplant recipient: A care report with autopsy findings. Tropical
28. Chawla Y, Duseja A. What is the association between Helicobacter Pylori and
hyperammonemia in liver disease? Indian J Gastroenterology 2003; 22:207-8
29. Dhiman RK, Chawla YK. Scientific advances in hepatic encephalopathy. Indian J
30. Duseja A, Dhiman RK, Saraswat V, Chawla Y. Minimal hepatic encephalopathy:
natural history, impact on daily functioning and role of treatment. Indian J
31. Bhansali A, Kochhar R, Chawla YK, Reddy S, Jiban Dash R. Prevalence of colonic
polyps is not increased in patients with acromegaly: Analysis of 60 patients from
India. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2004; 19:266-69.
32. Bansal D, Sehgal R, Chawla Y, Mahajan RC, Malla N. In vitro activity of
antiamoebic drugs against clinical isolates of Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba
dispar. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2004; 21:27.
33. Rajshkehar D, Latheel SAA, Sethi A, Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Ganguli NK,
Prognostic utility of luminal (5-amino,2-3dihydro1-4 phthalazinedione) – enhanced
neutrophils chemiluminescence in fulminant hepatic failure. Ind J Gastroenterol
34. Bansal D, Sehgal R, Chawla Y, Mahajan RC and Malla N. Comparative evaluation
of hexokinase isoenzyme typing and antigen detection for differentiation of
Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba dispar. Nepal Medical College Journal 2004;
35. Dhiman RK, Sarkar PK, Sharma Arpita, Vashisshta Kala, Kohli K.K., Gupta Sanjay,
Suri Sudha and Chawla Yogesh. Alterations in gallbladder emptying and bile
retention in the absence of changes in bile lithogenicity in postmenopausal women
on hormone replacement therapy. Digestive Diseases & Sciences 2004:49:1335-
36. Bansal D, Sehgal R, Chawla Y, Malla N, Mahajan RC. Cytokine mRNA expressions
in symptomatic vs. asymptomatic amoebiasis patient. Parasite Immunol.2005:37-43.
37. Duseja Ajay, Jain Pankaj, Reddy CS, Sharma TR, Behera A, Dhiman RK and
Chawla YK. Safety and efficacy of ERCP in pregnancy. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
38. Dhiman RK, Chawla Y. Acute viral hepatitis C should be treated. Indian Journal of
39. Duseja A, Sharma S, Das K, Dhiman RK, Chawla Y. Is vaccination against Hepatitis
A virus required in patients with cirrhosis of the liver? Tropical Gastroenterology
40. Bansal D, Sehgal R, Chawla Y, Malla N, Mahajan RC. Cytokine mRNA expressions
in symptomatic vs asymptomatic amoebiasis patients. Parasite Immunology
41. Duseja A, Nada R, Dhiman RK, Chawla YK, Kalra N, Prashad S, Karwasra RK.
Eosinophilic cholangiopathy – A case report. Dig. Dis. Sci 2005;50:1422-1425.
Chapters in books
1. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK. Esophageal variceal sclerotherapy in “Endoscopic
sclerotherapy for esophageal varices” edited by Dr. D.K.Bhargav 1986; 74-77.
Published by Hindustani Pvt. Cottage, Lucknow.
2. Chawla YK. Mechanism of complications in “Endoscopic sclerotherapy for
esophageal varices.” Edited by Dr. D.K.Bhargav 1986; 74-77. Published by
3. Chawla YK, Dilawari JB, Wig J, Wig JD. “Acute upper gastrointestinal
hemorrhage” in Surgical Gastroenterology-2. Ed. J.D. Wig, pp. 291-330, 1988.
4. Dilawari JB, Chawla YK. “Gastrointestinal endoscopy and surgeons” 1988; 236-90.
Ed. JD Wig. In: Surgical Gastroenterology-2. Published by Mohindra Capital
5. Chawla YK. Modes of transmission of hepatitis B virus in “Hepatitis B in India.
Problems and Prevention”. 1996; Editors SK Sarin and AK Singhal. CBS Publishers
and Distributors, Delhi, pages 17-20.
6. Chawla YK. Sonography in portal hypertension in “Medicine Update 1996. Vol. 6,
Part-III” Published by Association of Physicians o India. APICON-96 Editor PC
7. Jyotsna, Chawla YK. “Delta Hepatitis” in Transfusion Associated Hepatitis Ed.
Sarin S. CBS Publications 1997, pages 19-31.
8. Chawla YK Makharia G. Hepatobiliary imaging textbook of API 1999 6th edition
9. Chawla YK. Prevention and treatment of complications of ERCP, p. 133-146 in
Therapeutic Endoscopy at the end of this millennium. Ed Mahesh Goenka, and
Kinsuk Das 1999, Art Printing House, Calcutta.
10. Chawla YK. Spectrum of clinical presentation of Hepatitis C ,p. 29-37 in Hepatitis C
infection, Round Table Conference Series, number 8 October 2001, Ranbaxy
11. Chawla YK, Duseja A. Modes of Transmission of hepatitis B virus in Hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B in India: Prevention and Management p 15-21. 2004 first edition. Editors
SK Sarin and AK Singhal. CBS Publishers & Distributors.
12. Chawla YK, Virender Chauhan. Post vaccination screening: for whom and why? In
Hepatitis B in India Prevention and Management p373-377. 2004, first edition.
Editors SK Sarin and AK Singhal. CBS Publishers & Distributors
13. Chawla YK. Portal hypertension and jaundice. In Clinical approach to Jaundice.
176-185. 2004 first edition. Editors Rakesh Tandon and SK Acharya
14. Chawla Y. Pharmacotherapy in portal hypertension: In Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
and Interventions: A Review. 95-105, 2005. Editors Mahesh K Goenka, Pradeepta K
15. Chawla YK. Practical approach to the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitis in India: In
Chronic hepatitis (Information Education Forum of DHRUU) 42-47, 2004. Eds.
Vivek Tandon, Suneet Sood, & Anurag Tandon.
16. Yogesh Chawla. Hepatitis B and Hepatitis Viruses : Sexually transmitted infections.
230-245, 2005. Eds Bhushan Kumar, Somesh Gupta.
Annotation Abdominal inflammation Abdominal pain Abscesses also use Staphylococcus aureus and see Listeriose Abscesses secondary Accellerate Healing oh injuriesand Surgeries, Accellerate the Healing & Clearing of ScarringAcidosis Hyperacidity. use a term calcium supplements magnesium longa potentially pathogenic bacteria found in mammals a bacterium normally found in the bowel and thro
Community Care Collaborative Expand Specialty Care Capacity for Gastroenterology 307459301.1.6 Pass 3 Provider : The Community Care Collaborative (CCC) is a new multi-institution, multi-provider, integrated delivery system. Launched in 2012 by Central Health, Travis County’s Healthcare District, and the Seton Healthcare Family, Central Texas’ largest hospital system, and now joined