Microsoft word - info package
- Any other personal documentation required,
- Please note that it is advisable to leave photocopies of important documents at
2) Spending money: - currency: South African Rand, - NO ATM facility on site, - bring cash. 3) Large travel backpack or suitcase as well as a small day backpack
- Shampoo and conditioner (if necessary),
- Sanitary products for ladies (if necessary),
- Insect/tick repellent (containing DEET or equivalent),
- Ear plugs (optional if you are a light sleeper),
- If you wear prescription spectacles and/or contact lenses, pack a pair of spare
spectacles and/or contact lense solution.
If you take prescription drugs, ensure you pack enough for the duration of your stay.
- The same applies if you are asthmatic, suffer from epilepsy or severe allergies.
- Windproof jacket and/or waterproof jacket,
- Casual or 'nice' clothes for the weekend (optional - you may feel uncomfortable
Walking boots: medium weight, well broken-in hiking boots for bush walks,
- Going-out shoes (optional - you may feel uncomfortable going to a restaurant in
- Silk or cotton liner for sleeping bag (optional - ideal for hot nights or as an addition
- Camera (with batteries or charger, film or memory card),
- Mobile phone and charger (recommended in case of emergencies, SIM cards are
available at a low price at local supermarkets),
Plug adaptors for South Africa are generally not available in Europe and the US but
Travel guide (in case you would like to travel by yourself before or after the project),
- Personal stationery (Pen, pencil, note pad),
- Books, card games etc. as the evenings can be quiet.
Please consult your local GP or Travel Clinic on advised vaccinations for the
Recommended vaccinations include: Hepatitis A&B, Typhoid, Rabies, Tetanus,
We are situated in a low risk malaria area so consider taking anti-malarials.
The ticks in our area transmit a disease called tick bite fever. There are no
vaccinations against this disease but it can be cured if caught in time. Generally, avoiding tick bites is advisable.
Please ensure that you arrive in South Africa at Johannesburg International Airport
(also OR Tambo International Airport) early in the day so that further transfers can be arranged for you.
There are two different options of travel from Johannesburg International Airport to
i. Option 1: Shuttle transfer directly from OR Tambo International Airport in
Johannesburg to Nelspruit Sonpark or Nelspruit Crossings. This drive will take approximately four hours and is a safe way of travelling in South Africa. To book a shuttle,
ii. Option 2: Alternatively, you can book a connection flight from Johannesburg to
KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport) and we will arrange for a transfer. The drive from KMIA to the project will take just over one hour.
Should you arrive after the last shuttle/flight has left Johannesburg, you must stay in
Johannesburg overnight. If you would like some luxury for the night, we recommend the Southern Sun Hotel (www.southernsun.com), which is adjacent to the airport. The Backpackers Ritz (www.backpackers-ritz.co.za) is a cheaper alternative and also close to the airport. Both offer services to pick you up at the airport and drop you off again the next morning.
We will arrange transfers from either KMIA or Nelspruit, depending on which option
you have chosen. Please provide us with your travel information two weeks in advance.
Volunteers must be between 18-40 years of age to attend the project.
Please remember that South Africa is situated in the Southern Hemisphere:
Our summer is between October - March. This is the rainy season.
Temperatures can rise to about 35 degrees Celsius/ 95 degrees Fahrenheit during the day while nights are mild. ii.
Our winter is between April - September. This is the dry season.
Temperatures rise to about 15-25 degrees Celsius/ 59-77 degrees Fahrenheit during the day but can drop to about 0 degrees Celsius/ 32 degrees Fahrenheit at night.
It is safe to drink tap water in the Kaapsehoop area. Water purification is not
On arrival, you are required to sign an indemnity form for Kaapsehoop Horse Trails
Transfers from KMIA or Nelspruit to project and back,
Three meals per day on working days Monday-Friday,
Horseback riding and other project related activities,
BIJSLUITER: INFORMATIE VOOR DE GEBRUIK(ST)ER Imigran® 10 Neusspray Imigran® 20 Neusspray Lees de hele bijsluiter zorgvuldig door voordat u start met het gebruik van dit geneesmiddel. - Bewaar deze bijsluiter, het kan nodig zijn om deze nog eens door te lezen. Heeft u nog vragen, raadpleeg dan uw arts of apotheker. Dit geneesmiddel is aan u persoonlijk voorgeschreven. Geef dit
PACKAGE LEAFLET: INFORMATION FOR THE USER Calmaben – coated tablets Active substance: diphenhydramine hydrochloride Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you. This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to take Calmaben coated tablets to get the best results from it. - Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it a