Safety Data Sheet -WISMAR- EUROSTRAND® OSB 1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE PRODUCT AND OF THE COMPANY Product Name / Synonyms:
EUROSTRAND® OSB/2, OSB/3, OSB/4 TOP, OSB/3 T (termite treatment)
EGGER Holzwerkstoffe Wismar GmbH & Co. KG
Health = 0 Flammability = 1 Reactivity = 0 Personal Protection = E
2. INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Softwood :
app. 3,5%, CAS-No.: 25212-25-3 (surface layer OSB/2, OSB/3, OSB/3 T)
app. 3%, CAS-No.: 009016-87-9 (surface layer OSB/4 TOP)
app. 2%, CAS-No.: 009016-87-9 (core layer all types)
<1%, CAS-No.: 57-13-6 (not applicable for OSB/4 TOP)
<1%, CAS-No.: 52645-53-1 (only OSB/3 T)
<1%, CAS-No.: 50-00-0, low emission: Emission class E1
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION Wood dust:
Dust and splinters may cause irritations of the nose and throat, eyes and skin. Some woods may also be sensitises and some people may develop allergic dermatitis or asthma. Inhalation of wood dust may increase the risk of nasal and paranasal cancers.
Formaldehyde gas can be irritating to the nose and throat, eyes and skin. Not applicable for OSB/4 TOP (formaldehyde free glued)!
4. FIRST AID MEASURES Wood dust:
Swallowed: Drink a glass of water. Eye: Flush with flowing water for at least 15 minutes and if symptoms persist, seek immediate medical attention. Skin: Wash with mild soap and running water. Inhaled: Leave the dusty area. Go in a area with fresh air.
Leave the affected area. Go in a area with fresh air.
5. FIRE – FIGHTINHG MEASURES Flash Point:
Volume): Special Fire Fighting Procedures None & Equipment: Unusual
Explosion Wood dust from cutting operations, is a strong to severe explosion hazard if
dust ”cloud” contacts an ignition source. Partially burned dust is especially hazardous if dispersed in air. 212 deg. F(=100°C) has been suggested as the upper temperature limit for continuous exposure of wood without risk of ignition. (Wood dust may require still a lower temperature. White pine flour as “cloud” in air requires 0,04 j minimum energy for ignition and can produce an explosion pressure of 113 psig maximum (0,8 MPa).
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES Wood dust:
Sweep or vacuum wood dust for recovery or disposal. Avoiding dusting conditions. Provide good ventilation.
Safety Data Sheet -WISMAR- 7. HANDLING AND STORAGE Precautions
The boards should be stored in dry and well ventilated areas away from
Avoid hot, humid storage or contact with drying oils (spontaneous heating is possible).
Partially burned or scorched board can be hazardous to store.
Avoid generation of explosive levels of wood dust in the air.
Follow good housekeeping practices; clean up areas where wood dust.
Avoid the excessive accumulation of this combustible material.
Follow good hygienic practice. Wash frequently, wear clean work clothing.
8. EXPOSURE CONTROL / PERSONAL PROTECTION All work with these boards should be carried out in such a way as to minimize the generation of dust, gas and vapours. Under factory conditions, sawing, drilling, sanding etc should be done with equipment fitted with exhaust devices capable of removing dust, gas and vapour at source. Hand power tools should only be used in well ventilated areas so as to avoid the spread of dust, gas and vapour. Storage and work areas should be well ventilated. Work areas should be cleaned at least daily and dust removed by vacuum cleaning or wet sweeping method. Effects of Overexposure:
Avoid prolonged or repeating breathing of wood dust in air. Repeated exposures (even below 5 mg/m³) to certain wood dusts can produce allergic responses in a few sensitive individuals. Avoid repeated or prolonged contact with the skin. Id allergy such as conjunctivitis, retinitis, dermatitis, asthma, or bronchitis develops, it may be necessary to remove the sensitised worker from further exposure to wood dust.
Personal Protective Equipment (during processing) Respiratory Protection (Specify Approved respirator under dusty conditions recommended. Type): Protective gloves:
Recommended to reduce skin contact, except where moving machinery parts expose fingers to hazards.
Wash with mild soap and water. Do not scratch or rub the skin if it becomes irritated. Wash work clothes regularly and separate from other clothes.
The requirements of the “TA Luft” or other locally valid legal regulations are to be kept. Due to the potential of wood dust when suspended in air, precautions should be taken to prevent sparks or other ignition sources in ventilation equipment. Use of totally enclosed motors is recommended.
9. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES: physical state:
Butyl Acetate = 1): 10. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY: Stability:
Decomposition Thermal-oxidative degradation of wood produces irritating and toxic fumes and
gases, incl. CO, aldehydes and organic acids.
Wood dust is extremely combustible. Keep in a cool, dry place away from
11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION: Oral:
Chronic effects of Skin contact with wood dust are not fully known, and may vary from one wood to another.
Safety Data Sheet -WISMAR- 12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION: In consideration of production and use of the material we can assume that no significant environmental impact of air or water will arise. All the constitutions of the termite treatment preservation Permethrin (only OSB/3 T) are listed in the Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (AICS). 13. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS: Waste Disposal Methods:
Generally wood and wood products can be disposed of by incineration or in a local landfill. However, it is the users responsibility to insure wastes are disposed of in accordance with all valid laws.
14. TRANSPORT INFORMATION: No special transport requirements are considered necessary. 15. REGULATORY INFORMATION: Marking after EEC directive:
Formaldehyde emission class - E1according “DIBt-recommendation 100” from June 1994
17202 / 17203 according to the LAGA waste catalogue 170201/030103 according to the European waste catalogue
16. OTHER INFORMATION Important note: All information and data rely on the today's conditions of our knowledge and represent no warranty of characteristics. EGGER Holzwerkstoffe Wismar GmbH &. Co. KG does not take over a warranty, regarding the accuracy or the completeness of these information and data. EGGER Holzwerkstoffe Wismar GmbH &. Co. KG will not be liable for claims relating the use of these information and data, independently of whether these information and data could have been incompletely, inaccurately or otherwise misleading. Existing laws and regulations for storage and use of our products are to be considered by the user within own responsibility.
Arava and Eilat Post-Conference Tour – 4 days Thursday, November 11, 2010 14:00 Depart Sde Boker for hike and tour of Ramon Crater 16:00 Visit antiquities in Uvda Plateau—site of ancient desert civilizations Visit Kasui Sand Dunes 19:00 Arrive at Kibbutz Ketura and check into guest rooms 20:00 Barbeque dinner and round robin discussion with kibbutz members: Modern Settlem
REPÚBLICA DE ANGOLA MINISTÉRIO DAS FINANÇAS DIRECÇÃO NACIONAL DAS ALFÂNDEGAS CIRCULAR À TODAS AS ASSUNTO: INDICE DAS CIRCULARES DESTA ESTÂNCIAS ADUANEIRAS DIRECÇÃO NACIONAL EMITIDAS DURAN- TE O ANO DE 2006. N.º _________/GETA/DNA/07 Para conhecimento geral, e na sequência do que vem sendo feito nos anos anteriores, publica-se o índice das Circulares de