Maups sling instructions
SUBURETHRAL SLING PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
PATIENT : _____________________________________________________________
SURGERY DATE/TIME: ___________________ ARRIVAL TIME: ____________
• NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT OR FOR AT LEAST
8 HOURS BEFORE SURGERY
• STOP aspirin
7 days before surgery until 7 days after surgery.
• STOP anti-inflammatory medications
such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or
naproxen (Aleve) for seven days before surgery. You may resume these
medicines immediately after surgery. You do not need to stop acetaminophen
• Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing on the day of surgery
• Make sure to bring your insurance card and a photo ID
WHERE TO GO:
• Your surgery will be at Inova Fairfax Hospital Women’s Surgery Center
o Enter the BLUE ENTRANCE to the hospital campus. o Park in the BLUE GARAGE, o Enter the WOMEN’S HOSPITAL across the street from the blue garage o Take the BLUE ELEVATOR to the third floor. o When you exit the elevators, the SURGERY REGISTRATION OFFICE
will be directly in front of the elevators, on the right
• You will be in the hospital for 4 to 6 hours altogether. • You need to arrive 90 minutes before your scheduled surgery time. • Your surgery and time under anesthesia will usually be an hour or less. • Your surgeon will speak with your family once you are in the recovery room • You will go home 2 to 3 hours after your surgery.
• The recovery room nurses will determine whether you empty bladder adequately
before you leave the hospital. If not, you may go home with a catheter.
• If you go home with a catheter, please call the office at 571-389-7140 t
a “fill and pull” appointment with a nurse on the day after surgery.
• You will be given a prescription for pain medications, which you may need to use
• Mild pain should be treated wit over the counter medicines such as
acetaminophen (Tylenol), or ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil), or naproxen (Aleve).
• VICODIN AND PERCOCET CONTAIN ACETAMINOPHEN – YOU
SHOULD NOT TAKE ACETAMINOPHEN AND VICODIN OR
PERCOCET AT THE SAME TIME. You should not take more than 4,000
mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours.
• You must reduce your activities for the next 2 weeks. • Try to minimize bending, lifting, straining, and stretching. • No driving for 3 days after your surgery or while taking narcotic pain medicines. • Nothing is to be inserted in the vagina, meaning no tampons or intercourse, until
you have had your post-operative visit 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.
• You may shower the day after surgery.
What to expect:
• Pain - the most pain will occur the first few days after surgery • Vaginal spotting or bleeding for up to 2-4 weeks. • Vaginal discharge with a bad odor for up to 6 weeks as stitches dissolve. • Pelvic pressure or cramping if you are on your feet too long.
Please schedule a post-operative appointment with your surgeon 4 to 6 weeks after
surgery. You should call the office at (571) 389-7140 to leave a message for the nurses
about any of the following symptoms or signs that can indicate a problem that requires
earlier attention. In case of emergency when the office is closed, call 571-389-7140 and
select option 8 to leave a message for the doctor on call.
1. Pain that is not controlled by your pain medicine. 2. Fever over 100.5 degrees. 3. Bleeding or drainage from your incision that soaks a gauze or washcloth. 4. Bleeding from your vagina that is more than a menstrual period or soaks 1 pad
5. Symptoms of a bladder infection or problems urinating
La depresión es la pérdida de interés o placer en casi todas las actividades junto a un sentimiento de tristeza durante la mayor parte del día. Los síntomas más comunes son fatiga o falta de energía, miedo infundado, querer estar solo, enojarse fácilmente, sentimientos de culpa, autoestima baja, dificultad para pensar o concentrarse, dolores generalizados, abatimiento psicofísico, d
The Role of Formal and Informal Chinese Institutions in Shaping the Entrepreneurial Landscape Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Pau (ESCPAU) FranceC A H I E R d e R E C H E R C H E N° 9 This paper views entrepreneurship in China as a legitimacy seeking process. We use institutional theoryas a lens to understand the pattern of entrepreneurship in China. We also examine how rapidly changingforma