Colorado mountain medical,pc
Colorado Mountain Medical,PC
Stephen P. Laird, M.D.
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Midvalley Ambulatory Surgery Center
1450 E Valley Rd, # 202
Basalt, CO 81621
EGD /Colonoscopy and/or Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Preparation Instructions
Your test is scheduled for the following facility: Midvalley Ambulatory Surgery Center on:
(Please arrive 1 hour before procedure)
Please arrive at
to register for your procedure.
DO inform your Doctor if you have a pacemaker, internal defibrillator, latex allergy, or
artificial heart valve.
DO inform your Doctor if you are diabetic.
Insulin dose: ½ your regular dose the day before and the morning of the procedure.
Oral Glucose pill: Do not take this the morning of the procedure.
DO take your heart and BP medicines in the morning with sips of water only (take 2 hours
before leaving for the procedure).
DO have a driver take you home (a must- not a taxi or walking home).
DO have an adult member with you for the rest of the day and evening after the procedure.
DON’T take Coumadin for
days before this procedure.
Stop Coumadin on this date
DON’T take Plavix for 5 days prior to this procedure.
DON’T take Lovenox the day of this procedure. (last done no later than 9pm the day
before the procedure.
You will be called 10 to 14 days after your procedure to discuss any biopsy results and
Any further follow up.
Colonoscopy and/or Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
Colonoscopy is an examination of the colon (large bowel) with a flexible lighted tube about the size of your ring
finger which transmits a live color image onto a television screen. A good bowel prep is essential for an
accurate and successful procedure. These instructions will help maximize the ease, safety and success of your
One Week Before Colonoscopy:
• For those with an artificial heart valve, pacemaker or an internal defibrillator, are taking Coumadin,
Wafarin, or Plavix, or if you have had a joint replacement within the past 6 months, please consult with your physician regarding specific instructions.
o Miralax OTC
(one 238g bottle and one 119g bottle)
o Magnesium Citrate
o Gatorade or G2
(one 64 oz bottle and one 32 oz bottle – no red/purple)
o Clear liquids
of choice (fruit juices without pulp i.e. apple, white grape, water, clear broth
bouillion, coffee without cream, lemon-lime soft drinks, jell-o, popsicles – nothing
Three (3) Days Before Colonoscopy:
• Do not eat Popcorn, seeds, nuts, multigrain bread, salad, cheese, or high-fiber foods for the three days
One Day Before Colonoscopy:
• If you are diabetic
, take ½ your regular insulin dose the day before and morning of the procedure. Hold
oral glucose medication the morning of the procedure.
Preparing for your Colonoscopy:
• Clear Liquids all day
on the day before the procedure. No solid food
• Mix the 238grams of Miralax powder with 64oz of Gatorade/G2 and 119grams of Miralax with 32oz of
• The evening prior to the procedure, between 4:00-6:00 pm, drink the bottle of Magnesium Citrate.
• At 6:00 pm, drink one 8oz glass of the 2 liter/64oz Miralax/Gatorade mix. Repeat every 15 minutes until
the entire 2 liter/64oz mix is finished (about 2 hours).
• The morning of your procedure four hours before your colonoscopy, drink one 8oz glass of the 1
liter/32oz miralax/Gatorade mix. Repeat every 15 minutes until the entire 1 liter/32oz mix is finished (about one hour)
If you have a very early procedure or are driving a long distance, the two doses of Miralax may
• Please nothing by mouth within 3 hours of your procedure or it may be canceled.
Day of Procedure:
• Heart, blood pressure or seizure medication may be taken as usual early the morning of your procedure
sips of water.
• You must be accompanied by a friend or relative to drive you home or your procedure will be
You may not go home alone by taxi or bus.
• Some bloating and cramping is normal and will improve once diarrhea begins. If you develop nausea or
vomiting, take about an hour break from drinking the solution before resuming.
• To help avoid dehydration, drink at least 64oz of clear liquids before starting bowel prep.
• To help decrease perianal irritation, consider using wetwipes and barrier cream (eg. A&D, Desitin, or
For Questions, please call (970) 476-7600 and ask to speak with Dr. Laird’s scheduler
Clear Liquid Diet
You May Have The Following
Jell-O, without fruit (no red/purple Jello-O)
You May NOT Have the Following
Within 48 hours prior to your scheduled
to avoid a No-Show
Cancellation Fee of $100
Brazilian Jazz and Friction of Musicalities This article is a brief ethnography of Brazilian instrumental popular music, termed música instrumental in Brazil, which is known in the international universe of Brazilian popular music and not as a national adaptation of jazz, as well as search for its main characteristics and socio-cultural nexus in contrast with North American jazz. The speci
CHLORIDE MATERIALS REQUIRED BUT NOT SUPPLIED Interferences no interference was observed by the presence of:Current laboratory instrumentation. Spectrophotometer UV/VIS with thermostatic cuvette holder. Automatic micro-pipettes. Glass or high quality polystyrene cuvettes. Deio- Precision REAGENT PREPARATION SUMMARY OF TEST intra-assay (n=10) mean (mEq/l) SD (mEq/l) Chloride is